We at Geoff Nicholson (GN Coaching) (collectively “Geoff Nicholson (GN Coaching)”, “we” “us” and “our”) take your privacy very seriously. We know that you, like us, care about how your personal information is used and shared. Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact with us, in any manner, via our website and/or our services,
WHAT INFORMATION DOES GEOFF NICHOLSON COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you use our website – we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, your email address, your telephone number and your company name via our online forms for enquiries, newsletter/blog sign-up and events registration.
When you use our services – we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, your email address, your company name, your job title as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide us in connection with the delivery of services.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect via our services for a range of reasons, including:
- to set up a contact and company record in our CRM system;
- to provide, operate and maintain the services;
- to process and complete transactions and send related information including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- to manage our customers’ use of the services i.e. respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorised access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- for any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We use the information we collect via our website:
- for administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse customers’ use of our website for trend monitoring and marketing purposes;
- for the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for information on our products and services; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We may also use the information you send to us via our website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter and/or blog. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “What choices do I have” section below).
We use a third party provider, SendFox and SuiteDash, to deliver our e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see SendFox’s privacy notice & SuiteDash privacy notice
We use two third party providers, Google Analytics to analyse our web traffic. For more information, please see Google’s privacy notice.
HOW DO WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone under any circumstances. Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the Police or security services.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have any concerns, you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of our services. You can opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from us at any time by using the Manage Preferences page or unsubscribe link in the email communication we send. If you have engaged in any of our services, we may send you non-promotional service related communications.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 22 May 2018.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to email@example.com.
Our main address for the purposes of this website is Geoff Nicholson (GN Coaching), 237 Darras Rd, Ponteland, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE20 9AJ.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to meet our costs in responding, we will charge you a fee of £10.
WHAT IF I HAVE A COMPLAINT?
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
We have summarised your rights below.
Please contact email@example.com to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk